We know the work that we do is important, and we hope you agree that domestic violence is an issue worth caring about and supporting. We can list all kind of statistics about the high rate of abuse inflicted on “loved” ones, about the number of people SAVE serves on an annual basis, and about the challenges in breaking the cycle of abuse.
While these are compelling and of value, today we want you to remember these 5 reasons for helping SAVE and making an impact:
- Elena, who told us that the first night she spent in our shelter was the first night she had slept without fear in 10 years.
- Five-year-old Hosina, who told us so matter-of-factly all the terrible things her daddy had done to her.
- You have a safe place to call home and everyone deserves to have that.
- In the time it took you to read this, the hotline rang 5 times.
- The people we help are not nameless, faceless strangers. They are our neighbors and our sisters and our mothers and our co-workers and we are all responsible for keeping them safe.
SAVE’s ability to help victims break free of abuse is possible with the support of our community. And we’re not just talking about monetary donations, as critical as these are.
There is a lot that we all can do.
Explore the many ways you can make your own impact on SAVE and those that we serve.