SAVE hopes you agree that domestic violence is an issue worth caring about and supporting. We could cite a long list of statistics about the high rate of abuse inflicted on victims and the terrible cost it has to them, their loved one, and our communities. We could list the number of people SAVE serves on an annual basis and write about the challenges in breaking the cycle of abuse. While these facts are compelling and of value, today we want you to remember these 5 reasons for helping SAVE and making an impact:
- Elena, who told us that the first night she spent in our shelter was the first night she had slept without fear in 10 years.
- Five-year-old Hosina, who told us so matter-of-factly all the terrible things her daddy had done to her.
- You have a safe place to call home and everyone deserves to have that.
- In the time it took you to read this, SAVE’s hotline rang 5 times.
- The people we help are not nameless, faceless strangers. They are our neighbors…our sisters…our mothers…our co-workers…our friends. And we are ALL responsible for keeping them safe.
SAVE’s ability to help victims break free of abuse is possible with the support of our community. And we’re not just talking about monetary donations, as critical as these are.
There is a lot that we all can do.
Explore the many ways you can make your own impact on SAVE and those that we serve.