What students are saying about Loves Me, Loves Me Not…
It was a wonderful presentation, thoroughly thought-out, slow, and clear.
[The] presentation was very informative and relatable…situations like these happen in everyday life.
I think that everyone should be exposed to this presentation and these issues.
This group opened my eyes.
Does your partner love you, then love you not?
SAVE’s Loves Me, Loves Me Not Presentation helps facilitate discussion among youth about the foundation of a healthy relationship, warning signs of abuse, and the cycle of violence. Together we explore the societal attitudes toward violence that contribute to the prevalence of dating abuse.
We primarily offer a one-day presentation to junior high and high school classes, youth group, extracurricular clubs, and other community groups. A two-day presentation is available upon request. Each presentation is 45 minutes – 1.5 hours dependent on your available time.
Day 1 Presentation
- Options/services for survivors
- What is domestic violence?
- Healthy and unhealthy behaviors in a relationship
- The warning signs of abuse
- The cycle of violence
- How do you know if you are in a healthy relationship?
Day 2 Presentation
- Option 1: Interactive Scenarios/Role Plays
- Option 2: Safety Planning/How to Help a Friend
- Option 3: Societal Attitudes and Norms. Why does violence happen?