So you’ve learned a little about SAVE and now you want to get involved? Wonderful! We have several options and would love to hear from you:
Assist with administrative tasks such as data entry, filing, copying, and answering calls at The Empowerment Center at SAVE.
To become an office intern:
- Submit your application to SAVE’s Director of Administrative Support, Lorena. You may email, fax, or drop off your application in person.
- You will be contacted for an in-person interview so we can discuss your skills and interests together.
- You must pass a background check. Please note: If you do not complete the background check within 2-3 weeks, you are ineligible to volunteer with SAVE. For a list of disqualifying factors, please contact SAVE’s Director of Administrative Support at LorenaO@save-dv.org.
- SAVE Adult Office Volunteer Application
- SAVE Youth Volunteer Application (for applicants under age 18)
Direct service volunteers work with our clients in a variety of settings, including our Emergency Shelter, local police departments, and the Hayward Hall of Justice.
To become a direct service volunteer:
- Complete the 40 hour Domestic Violence Counselor Training. The training can be taken through SAVE or another organization as long as the training meets state guidelines.
- Have an interview with the Direct Services Volunteer Coordinator. If accepted into the direct service volunteer program, volunteer position placement is determined by best fit for the volunteer and SAVE’s immediate needs.
- Pass the background check. If you have questions or concerns around passing the background check, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Ash, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We invest in our direct service volunteers, providing in-depth on-the-job training and a reduced rate for the 40 hour Domestic Violence Counselor Training. We value consistency for our clients, and therefore ask for no less than a 6 month commitment of 100 hours of service or more.
The availability of positions listed below are subject to change. Please check with SAVE’s Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com to see if the position(s) you are interested in is open to new volunteers.
Direct Service volunteer opportunities: